Have red raised scars on breast after breast surgery. Getting painful. Cure?

Have red raised scars on my breast from a breast reduction. They are getting painful. advise
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Raised scar

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic,
It looks like keloid. When was the surgery done ?
Some have a keloidal tendency due to which body continues to produce scar tissue and it outgrows the wounded area . As it grows it can become painful and sometimes itchy. I will recommend you to see a dermatologist for this.
I usually treat this with intralesional injection of steroid triamcinolone 40 mg /ml every 3 weeks along with local application of silicone gel like Hexilak silicone gel or contractubex gel twice a day. This gel has to be massaged onto the scar till it is absorbed.
Hope this helped. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.