Have red patchy areas of peeling skin between bum cheeks. Applied antiseptic cream. What should I do?

I have red patchy areas of peeling skin between my bum cheeks. At first i thought it was due to rubbing but they are spreading. The first patchy areas now seem to be healing however new areas are becoming sore. I have used antiseptic cream and plasters to stop any rubbing, worn loose clothing and have not exercised in order to reduce sweating in that area. I noticed the first patch around a week ago. There are now around 7 patchy areas, on both cheeks, ranging from the size of a pea to a one pence piece.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The skin condition you are describing can be tinea carporis(a fungal infection), seborrheic dermatitis or contact dermatitis.

Possibility of tinea carporis is most likely.

Also I would like to know-

Are these patches well demarcated?

Are they itchy?

Is there central clearing with peripheral extension?

Can you upload good quality photos of the affected skin?

Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.

Answer the above questions and upload photos to help you better .

Anticipating your reply.

Dr Sudarshan