Have red patches on scalp. Is there any permanent cure?

Have red patches on my scalp, have been treating it but goes n come back there any permanent cure to it.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
There can be several causes for red patches on your scalp and permanent cure depends upon the cause.
Different causes are
Head lice etc.

While some of the conditions have local effect,others conditions can affect other parts of your body.

Each of the above mentioned  conditions require  specific treatment.
Treatment depends upon the diagnosis of the disease.

Your history of repeated recurring scalp patches in spite of treatment suggests the possibility of psoriasis or dandruff.

If dandruff is the cause,then it can be cured by proper treatment however if psoriasis is the cause,then it is a very problematic condition and although it can't be cured, there are many treatments available that can help relieve symptoms, control flare-ups, and prevent recurrences. People who follow their doctor or dermatologist's treatment plan rarely have to endure severe scalp psoriasis for extended periods of time. 

It would be better if you consult a skin specialist and get the proper diagnosis and management.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck