Have red patches on leg. No pain or itching. Should I be worried?

i have a red patch on my leg. no itcging, no pain. should i worry?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Hello dear, red patches on leg can be caused due to various reasons, like infections, purpura, mild injury, diabetic foot.

Usually if it is not symptomatic, there should be no concern.

But as you are diabetic, you must XXXXXXX a dermatologist, as sometimes in diabetes there are no symptoms due to neuropathy (decreased nerve sensation).

Hope this helps. Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thank you
Follow-up: Have red patches on leg. No pain or itching. Should I be worried? 21 hours later
I was concerned about te possibility of cellulitis,
Hello dear, thanks for your revert.

I consider your concern. I am sorry; I could not convince you with my earlier response. Let me try again.

I have mentioned infections, and cellulitis is a type of streptococcal infection.

In cellulitis, there is always some pain and tenderness and additional features like fever, even in diabetics.

As you don’t have fever or tenderness, cellulitis can be ruled out.

You could probably post a picture of the lesion, so that I can comment specifically. You have a feature to upload the picture by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.

I hope this answers you to an extent. Please feel free to ask any further doubt.

Wishing you a good health.

Thank You