Have red painful eye with head pain at back. Should I consult a doctor?

In my right eye it got red colour. Sometime it get pain and behind my head sometime i feel pain. Should i consult eye doctor or general physician.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can see an ophthalmologist Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Red colour in your eye can be due to many causes. If it is just a spot of red colour in the white area of the eye, then it can be a sub-conjunctival bleed. But these bleeds are usually painless and happen after rubbing of the eye, etc. Since you feel that it has pain and headache also sometimes, it may be related to headache. Anyways first we need a consultation with an ophthalmologist to find if there is any local cause for red colour of eye like increased intra-ocular pressure, infection etc. Thus a visit to an ophthalmologist is the next best step to take. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Have red painful eye with head pain at back. Should I consult a doctor? 2 minutes later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thankyou Detailed Answer: Thanks for consulting Take care