Have red lump on forearm and sore to touch. Should I be concerned?

I have a a red lump not quite the size of a dime on my forearm very sore to the touch and making my entire arm sore. Do I have reason to be concerned or will this this remedy itself? The lump has been there about two weeks and is red and crusty in the center and bright pink on the edges and it is sore surrounding the area. No puss or liquid, just a hard nodule.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 minutes later

Red lump with pain means there is infection.
Definitely it is a matter to be looked into. For now, there might be no pus as it is XXXXXXX located. But gradually it will develop. The biggest concern is that it might go for a cellulitis or necrotising fascitis, which is a very dreaded condition.

You must XXXXXXX a dermatologist and start an antibiotic. If possible, kindly forward me photo of the lesion. You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

It would help me in giving an exact diagnosis.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask any further doubt.

Thank you.