Have red lump on chest. There is no pain or itching. How to get relief?

hi,i have a red lump on my chest that scabs over,its about a quarter inch across,no pain or itching,its reddidh pink and skin coloured,had it 3 years,started as a small red soar
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question
Could you upload a photo and send it across so I would be able to help you better.
Follow-up: Have red lump on chest. There is no pain or itching. How to get relief? 19 hours later
hi,i have uploaded a photo,normaly the spot would scab over but i have just come back from hols and the sea has cleaned it,also i am covering it with a plaster,
before i went on hols and the scab came off it was sort of cone shaped,but started to change shape wen i went in sea and put plaster on,regards
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Thanks for the photo.
It is clear and indicates and infectious granuloma .
Granulomatous condition needs a proper oral intake of antibiotics and local antibiotic application . The best suggested would be Azithromycin for a few days and topical application of Clindamycin will help.

If it does not heal , you would need to get it cauterized and removed out by a local dermatosurgical .

thanks and take care
Follow-up: Have red lump on chest. There is no pain or itching. How to get relief? 5 hours later
hi,thank you for your answer,i would just like to ask, is it normal for these to scab over,also it only bleeds a little when the scab comes of,and also this grew from a spot over 3 years ago,is that normal for a granuloma,regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 40 hours later

I apologize for the delayed response.

Scab is a process of healing - end result of healing. Perhaps the plaster application caused contamination resulting in the formation of this granuloma.

I expect it to improve with antibiotic use. Unresponsive condition can be treated by cauterization.

Hence I urge you to start the treatment at the earliest. Visit your primary healthcare provider to initiate the treatment.

Hope this answers your query.