Have red itchy rash on chest and lower neck area but no pain. Taking Benadryl. Suggest?

I have a red itchy rash on my chest and lower neck area. I don't have pain but it is very itchy. I've been taking Benadryl -----not much relief. Any ideas ??????? Thank you. XXXXXXX XXXXX
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better anti histaminic required

Detailed Answer:

It looks like you have got an allergic reaction. What would suggest you to do is to take a better anti histaminic agent like Tab Levocetrizine twice a day for a week and along with that for the itch apply either aloe vera cream or calamine lotion on the rash so that it gives you a soothing effect.
However if the rash progresses or starts developing into vesicles please approach a dermatologist immediately.

I hope I was of help to you, if you have any further queries please get back to me.

Follow-up: Have red itchy rash on chest and lower neck area but no pain. Taking Benadryl. Suggest? 26 hours later
Thank you Tab Levocetrizne available over the counter?????
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes Levocetrizine is a over the counter drug but since I have not examined you I wouldnt want you to consider this as my prescription to you.

I wish you a speedy recovery