Have red itchy rash on back and neck. Incision areas are itchy. What should I do?

I have a red itchy rash surround the 3 areas where I got moles removed on my back and neck. At first I thought it was from the band aid but I haven't used any for 5 days now and the rash seems to be getting worse. It consists of raised bumps and the one in my middle back seems to have spread in a larger circle than the others. I also thought it could be the stitches but I had a small section taken off my leg and it seems to be doing fine. So 3 out of the 4 incision areas are rash-y and itchy. What does this mean? Should I get it checked out?
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

The wounds after surgery have certain complications. Normally the skin acts as barrier to several infecting organisms but after the surgery the skin gets thinner, loses its normal structure, and hence is prone to infection and allergies. Post surgical wounds can develop itchy rash due to either fungal infection or allergy to bandages, ointments and antibiotics. The allergic reaction once starts gets worse with the time. The wound undergoing such complications may progress to dehiscence. Therefore, it is recommended to have it checked by your consultant.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask.