Have red itchy burning welt like rash on the back of upper thigh and buttocks. Any cure?

Red itchy burning welt like rash on the backs of my upper thighs and buttocka
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kruti 27 minutes later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

A red itchy burning welt like rash could be hives. Hives is a condition where there are red raised lesions all over the body. There is a lot of itching. In order to arrest the progress of the rash its best to treat it promptly with oral anti allergy tablets like allegra 180 mg which is available over the counter.

Also application of cortisone cream over it will be helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.