Have red itchy bumps on legs, stomach and arms. Temporary relief from triamcinolone acetonide cream

I have red bumps on my skin. It started on my legs and slightly went away and then it moved to my stomach and arms. It itches constantly through out the day. My doctor gave me triamcinolone acetonide cream USP, .1%. I have used it quite a bit and there is no changes. What is it?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 minutes later
Hello dear,
It seems you are suffering from urticaria.
Triamcinolone acetonide cream is effective but can control symptoms only for sometime.
Ask your doctor to start you on H1 and H2 blocking antihistamines.
These will control your symptoms.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow-up: Have red itchy bumps on legs, stomach and arms. Temporary relief from triamcinolone acetonide cream 18 minutes later
Could it be scabies? I take showers pretty much every night and when i told my doctor he wasnt sure if it was scabies or not.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 minutes later
Hello dear,
If possible kindly upload a few photographs, specially of your hand lesions. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and to tell whether it is scabies or not.
Thank you