Have red itchy bump on bottom. Tested negative for MRSA. Fungal infection or yeast infection?

My 8-year-old daughter has red itchy bumps on her bottom. Some of them have white heads on them like zits. She's had this one other time and was tested for MRSA and it was negative. She has had the bumps for about 3 days. Could it be a fungal infection or yeast infection? Is there a cream I could use?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be bacterial infection like impetigo ,xerosis,sebaceous cysts.comedone etc.
I would also know-
Is there any itching on bumps?
Are there lesions on genitals?
Are the lesions persistent or do they go away?
Are there lesions on webspaces/wrist/axilla?Are the bumps raised /flat?blanching?Is she on any medications presently?
Any symptoms like fever /pain?
Can you upload the photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.
Upload the photos and answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr. Sudarshan

Follow-up: Have red itchy bump on bottom. Tested negative for MRSA. Fungal infection or yeast infection? 8 hours later

Yes, the bumps are itchy but not painful. There is no fever associated with the bumps. She had a fever and diarrhea last week, but I don't necessarily think they are connected. She has no lesions on her genitals and nothing on her wrists. The bumps are raised, not flat. Some look like bad bug bites, others like big zits. There has been no oozing, no discharge. When I press on the bumps they momentarily turn white, then redness returns. she has not taken any medications. I have 3 photos to upload.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Thanks for details and images.
The lesions look like insect bite.
You can apply Mupirocin ointment 2% twice daily over the area.Oral antibiotic like azithromyin would be helpful.
Tab Zyrtec for once or twice a day will help preventing itching.
Apply antibiotic like soframycin ,mupirocin or fusidic acid would be helpful when applied for 5-7 days.
hope this helps.