Have red fluid filled bump on eyelid and scalp. What is it and how to get cured?

My daughter has a red fluid filled bump on her eyelid and in her scalp as well,what could it be?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 43 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I have seen the picture and I think it could be an insect bite or an allergy. At this stage, I am assuming that your child is generally active and doing well. If not, we could be looking at an infection as well.
If your child is generally doing well, then we should not be worried and we can leave it as such. Applying warm compresses can help drain the fluid and speed up recovery. Make sure that the cloth you use is not very warm. Children have extremely sensitive skin.
If she is not doing well, please take her to her paediatrician. She may need oral antibiotics and a workup for an infection.
Let me know if you have any more questions.