Have red eye with watery discharge and sinus drainage. Easy way to get cure?

My left eye is red and has drainage in the mornings; my ears are stopped up; and I have sinus drainage. This all started two days ago. The same thing happened about 3 months ago and my ears stayed stopped up for 2 or 3 weeks
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 37 minutes later
Hello sir,
Thanks for posting this query in XXXXXXX
Let me tell you that any given medical symptom can be due to various causes. For example, redness of eyes can be due to conjunctivitis, keratitis, and glaucoma and so on.
I have noted all your symptoms.
I feel that the constellations of symptoms, you have described, may suggest a possibility of viral infection and it will improve with symptomatic treatment.
However, you had history of lymphoma 3 months back.
Under these circumstances, this constellation may represent another possibility too. You may be harboring a fungal infection too.
Therefore, my advice will be to get examined in a center having facility for eye and ENT care. The physicians after a detailed clinical evaluation will determine if you need investigations or not. Subsequently they will guide you as per the cause of the problem.
Hope this clarifies your query
I will be happy to clarify further
Wish you good health

Dr Gopal Krishna Dash MD, DM (Neurology) Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist and Epilepsy specialist
Apollo Hospitals