Have red eye with tingling and numbness on face, tongue and feet. Cause and cure?

I been having these episodes. First I feel like I have to have a bowel movement. From there my face and head begins to tingle and I become numb. My tongue feels thick and numb and the numbness goes to my hands and eventually to my feet. My family told me that my eyes are red/yellow and glassy. This last spell was worse. My feet and hands had pain and I felt like they were on fire. This lasted up to 30 minutes or more.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 20 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your complaints

I think that the possibilities for the above described symptoms could be
1. Sensory seizures 2. autonomic neuropathy 3. remote possibility of perimenopausal symdrome

I suggest you to get evaluated by a neurologist and get a Brain scan and Electroencephalogram done. Other tests which will be required are serum calcium, blood sugar, thyroid functions etc and nerve conduction studies. These tests will secure the diagnosis and the management will depend upon the cause

Hope this clarifies

Please get back to me if have any questions in this regards

Best wishes