Have red bumps in pubic region. Bleed after popping. Can genital warts be popped?

can genital warts be popped? i have a few little red bumps in my pubic region and if i pull them off they have a core that is sort of rubbery and then they bleed and go away.
They are only in my pubic hair region.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
Warts cannot be popped,as you say. but if these are located on the pubic hair region,they might not be warts but may be follicles. The follicles of the hair glands may be infected and appear like cysts.Warts ideally should appear like skin tags or cauliflower like growths. If you are in the habit of shaving,then this happends commonly. There is nothing much to do about these.They resolve on their own.
But if these growths stay for a longer period of time,they may be infected.In which case,see a doctor for examination. If you have any wart like growths,its best to have them looked at.
Follow-up: Have red bumps in pubic region. Bleed after popping. Can genital warts be popped? 1 hour later
Do genital warts have a rubbery core when they are pulled off?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
Warts appear as growths on the skin,not as bumps.Its difficult to pull them out. And they may bleed. But if they appear like skin tags then they might be warts. When the warts are pulled,they may appear like rubber,but they 'core' as you say,may not be. Visual examination is always best for diagnosis. Send me a picture if you can.I can try to help with that.