Have red bumps all over body. Diagnosed with follicule. Could it be due to bed bug?

I have red bumps all over. deem diagnosed as follicularbut I keep getting new ones all over. I thought bed bugs but exterminator and sniffing dog couldn't find
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later

Welcome and thanks for writing in.

If exterminator couldn't find anything, then it is less likely due to bed bugs. You can also search by own at night at corners of bed.

Multiple follicles is mainly due to an underlying pathology. Diabetes is most common underlying pathology for multiple follicles.

I will suggest please consult a board certified dermatologist for proper examination of lesion. It should be differentiated in follicles or furuncle. Depending on the exact nature of lesions, few investigations may be needed like blood sugar or smear of skin scrapping.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.