Have red area around the whole penis. Feels itchy. Had foreplay. What could this be?

I have a little red area around the whole where the penis goes in. Its a little bit itchy. I am still version but I did some foreplay with one guy. Could this red area XXXXXXX or something?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Examination is necessary!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for discussing your problem with us.
penetrative sex is not necessary for transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Rubbing of genital area & contact with genital secretions may result in transmission of infection.
This may represent just minor irritation from secretions, allergy, fungal infection or a STD.
So, best is to visit a Gynecologist & get yourself examined. The doctor may suggest some cream for local application if this is a minor infection or may suggest some swab test or blood tests to rule out STDs.
Hope this clears your query. Please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health.