Have red and itching genital area. No relief from betex and sapat lotion. Proper treatment?

I am having itching problem from last 3 month around the genetic area. Skin is becoming red and lots of itching. Worst thing is that, now some infection goes around the penis skin and itching as well.

I have tried Ringaurd, Betex, Sapat lotion, Neo Clobenatr-GM but no any improvement.

Below are my queries.

Which is the best treatment i need to follow?
Which type of this diseases?
Can this diseases transfer to any other family member? If yes then how can i prevent this ?
Suggest what type of precaution i need to take.

I am more worry about this. Having lots of tens..... Please guide me.

Thanks in advance
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 57 minutes later
This appears like a fungal infection.
What all medication you have applied can give relief just for a few days.
Here is my advice for you.
1. Apply oint clotrimazole in night and clotrimazole powder in day for atleast one month. Remember to use it for one month even if the itch stops, this will prevent recurrence.
2. Take an anti histamine for itch.
3. Dont share your towel or cloth with anyone, this can spread the disease. Also it can spread sexually. So better to avoid sexual intercourse for atleast 10 days, with regular medication.
Dont worry it is completly curable.
Let of know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you
Follow-up: Have red and itching genital area. No relief from betex and sapat lotion. Proper treatment? 19 minutes later
Thanks for the quick reply. Really your reply remove my most of the tension.

Can you please give me the exact name of the medicine because there are so many brands available. Might be possible pharmacist give me wrong one.

So requested you to please give me the Name of the medicine along with the brand.

what is the root cause of this kind of diseases?
And what precaution i need to take for avoiding this kind of diseases in future?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
The cause is a fungus. It usually grows in areas where sweat is there, most probably groin.
Take clodid b ointment and clodid powder.
It can spread only by direct contact or by sharing towel.
After around 10 days of treatment even the chance of spread decreases.
If you feel satisfied with the discussion kindly rate it before closing.
Thank you