Have red and dry skin above ankle. What could it be?

About 2 inches up my ankles my skin is reddish dry and kind of leathery feeling what could that be and I have eidma And when I touch the red coloration around the ankles it changes colors like it gets lighter and then the red color comes back
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 5 hours later
From your history it seems to me either of the following two diseases you may have -
1. Erythema nodosum
2. Diabetic dermopathy
Probability of erythema nodosum is high here but for that you need to fulfil may following queries-
1. Whether pain is there in the lesion or not?
2. Is there any kind of itching on that area?
3. Have you suffered from sore throat in the recent past?
You need to have a routine blood examination, ASO titre in the blood, fasting and post-prandial blood sugar, serum XXXXXXX testing and a mantoux test.
You need to consult a dermatologist soon and get your lesion examined. If it is erythema nodosum then you will get relief by taking some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

I think my advice and guidance will be of help to you. If you have further queries you may write back to me and please send a photograph of your lesion.

Wishing you quick recovery.
Dr Arnab Maji