Have red and black small dots on thighs and arms with burning sensation and white head pimples. Suggest?

hi i have a lot red small dots and black small dots come up on my skin together with small red pimples on tights and arms for some point some time was burning and next day comes a kind white rush pimples in some areas thank you
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 47 minutes later
from the description provided, these could be lesions of acne, furuncles, keratosis pilaris, eczema, allergic or irritant reaction etc. The treatment in each of these condition would vary.
Please attach an image of the concerned lesions so that I can confirm the most plausible diagnosis and continue further with the treatment course.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Have red and black small dots on thighs and arms with burning sensation and white head pimples. Suggest? 18 minutes later
hi the acne is gone already just have small red and black dots I also got the biggest stress on the beginning of this week and got some panic attack can this cost rush from stress? than you
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 36 hours later
Dear Ma'am,
Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.
Without looking at the images of concerned lesion it would be difficult for me to confirm the diagnosis and suggest a treatment.
If its acne actually then these black spots could be comedones or these could be black marks due to healing of the lesion(post inflammatory hyperpigmentation).
These do not seem to be stress related.
If its a comedone adapalene and clindamycin gel combination would help. If its a XXXXXXX then hydroquinone cream application would help.

I would still advise that you upload an image of concerned area as sometimes in skin description leads us to a probable diagnosis which is in no way closer to the actual diagnosis.
Hope that helped.
TAke care
Follow-up: Have red and black small dots on thighs and arms with burning sensation and white head pimples. Suggest? 7 hours later
hi, im sorry is hard to do pictures because is is was gone but last night I got same thing I got again red rush but is not so brite of color and not to much visible like usually rush do and also got again acne or small red pimples on skin mostly on hands and legs and is itching not to much mostly not at all but is kind of burning I felt I have a hi fever I was kind of shaking or cold and on the middle of the night I got so sweat in the morning the rush is gone but black dots I told u before I do still have them and they are malls not from acne.
what could be cost this rush and fever? because is come and go the rush is could be related to stress? thank you
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 40 hours later
Without looking at the images, it would be diffcult to clinch a diagnosis.
PImples persist they do not disappear all of a sudden.
RIght now I would advise that you take oral antihistamine like cetirizine and on oral antipyretic like paracetamol for fever. Apply calamine lotion mixed with steroid over the rashes. If no response is seen, please consult a doctor nearby
The fever does not seem to be associated with rash as you have been having this rash since long. It does not seem to be stress related too.
Send an image of the lesion when you get the flare ups.