Have recurring ulcer. Should I get an std test after exposure?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have asked this question but now I have collected some other information that I wanted to be sure about.

A week ago. In Hungary - Budapest.. I had some drinks but I was not drunk. I decided to get a street lady to my hotel room.
I am very careful of STD's and have read alot about them, so I first of all asked her to show me a condom. I got a sealed condom which I opened myself. She put it on my penis.

We got no vaginal sex and also no anal sex. No kisses, she gave me a massage, oral sex and hand job. Sure all with Condom.
I had licked her breast. May be even sucked the breast (dont remember that good).
Also I massaged her clitoris for very very short. As she touched it very short also.

Now my question is, am I in risk for any STD and the most important is, am I in risk for Hepatitis or HIV?

I saw no blood, also saw no mother milk, but I am not very sure she had no milk on her nippels when I licked her.. I did not taste anything, but because I had some drinks, I am still thinking that may be this has happened.. And get very worried.

The reason I am very concerned, is that I had ulcers in my mouth which I get from time to time.

Do I have to be worried and wait with stress on a HIV test or a general std test?? I am not active in sexual at all.

Once again, I dont think so myself but just needed things to be confirmed.

I am not sure if this was there already, but or I had a tongue ulcer during an exposure or I had it a day or XXXXXXX 2 days later.

Now if i did not have it, can this be a herpes virus I got from her breast on my tongue? if she had one? And if so, could the HIV (if she was infected) lift up with this Herpes?

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Oral sex with condom in position is not infectious and HIV or Hepatitis cannot be transmitted.

Getting HIV or Hepatitis through licking the breast or through sucking the few drops of breast secretion is also remote possibility. The viral load in breast secretion is very very low when compared to in blood or semen. Consistent sucking for a period of more than six months may be infectious not with a single episode.

But there is a possibility of getting superficial infection due bacteria or very rarely herpes virus in the oral cavity due to poor hygiene of her breast area. It will not carry HIV along with that.
These infections are very easy to cure with antibiotics or with anti herpes measures. Moreover you are having doubt that some oral lesion might have been present before this episode.
So these are not related to STD or HIV. Early HIV manifestations may likely to manifest not earlier than 3-4 weeks.

You consult your physician he will help you to fix the diagnosis and for treatment. If you have further question to ask feel free to ask.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Have recurring ulcer. Should I get an std test after exposure? 15 minutes later
So in fact if there is some bacteria passed through, then it will not be one of the famus STD's? What kind of infection might I get from that?

By the way, I was smelling a nice parfum.. So that might kill the bacteria also?

Is herpes on tongue presented as an ulcer ? And can that be presented immediatly after one day or 2 days after the exposure?

By the way,, I myself has the Herpes virus on my lips. I get it once or twice a year.

And I have from time to time ulcers in my mouth which also is kind of herpes? I dont know.

Do I have to be worried? Or I am overreacting on things?

In fact I'm not as I need to get things confirmed. I got a full stds included HIV test last year and since then I am not active accept with my partner. So I did not have much risk accept visiting some massage salons couple of times where nothing interested was happened.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Pleased to answer your questions.

Bacterial infection from the skin of breast is not necessarily any STD. It may likely to be that of any skin infections, possibly due to Streptococcal or Staphylococcal origin.
Similarly the Herpes virus type 2 is only transmitted through sexual route resulting in genital sores while type 1 virus causes ulcers around oral region (mouth and nose).

As you already having history of Herpes type 1 oral infection, it is likely that this present episode also would be another recurrence (recurrences are quite common). In addition herpes ulcers usually occurring over lips and rarely present over tongue also.

Therefore, these presenting symptoms are not at all related to any STD/HIV in your case.
Once again I assure you can relax and not to worry about HIV/STD.

I hope that I have cleared all your doubts. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Have recurring ulcer. Should I get an std test after exposure? 43 minutes later
Thanks doctor. Sure I trust your consult. You have rested my mind and I will sure move on as I also already know this was very very very low closed to zero . But now I am just sure I don't have something.

I am sorry. In stead of accepting the answer,I wanted to thank you first. I will accept by a 5 star after any reply of yours as only then this will be possible.

Thanks doctor.
Have a good day.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
You are welcome.

I repeatedly affirm that your oral lesions are not any way related to STD/AIDS.

Don't worry of the past episodes and enjoy your days ahead and practice safe sex.

Wish you good luck.

Dr S.Murugan