Have recurring typhoid and take amoxil. What is the best drug for typhoid fever treatment?

What is the best drug currently for typhoid fever treatment ? I usually have typhoid fever which recur a couple of weeks after treatment with Amoxil.
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Relapses due to typhoid can occur but it is not that common.
These relapses generally take place if antibiotics are not taken for full 15 days.
In your case ,the repeated appearance of fever is unusual.
You must be very sure of diagnosis of typhoid.
The diagnosis should be confirmed by blood culture or stool culture .
There could be some other reason of fever,which should be properly diagnosed by carrying out necessary investigations.
Treatment for typhoid is generally done by fluoroquinolones like CIPROFLOXACIN or OOFLOXACIN.
Other possible treatment could be third generation cephalosporins like CEFTRIAXONE or CEFOTAXIME ( these two drugs are injectable ).A suitable oral cephalosporin can be CEFIXIME.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck