Have recurring symptoms of STD. Having white discharge with foul smell. Periods also bad smell. STD test clean. What can this be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I have a reoccurring symptoms I have been std testes to months ago I was clean! I still think something's wrong b/c it came back! A bumpy rash and one bump on the side not painful but it feels like after friction all day a warming sensation a cottage cheese white discharge not thin or thick kind of smelly! My period stinks! I started feeling bad! It was tingling! I've been looked at by my I obgyn went to a clinic for blood work and observation they don't what's wrong they said its fine! I also questioned if I have hpv it kind if looks like warts inside! Or I have a bad infection nothing killed yet! Note I've been with the same partner as he the same!
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

According to the pictures, vaginal mucosa is congested but there is no excessive bumpy rash or warty growth.
Small few bump are visible.
According to the appearance and nature of the white discharge it is appearing as fungal infection.
So better to take treatment for fungal infection with your doctor's advice.
Sometimes these infections can be transmitted by skin to skin contact apart from sexual transmission.
Both partners to be treated simultaneously to prevent cross-infection.
And abstinence is adviced during the treatment period.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have recurring symptoms of STD. Having white discharge with foul smell. Periods also bad smell. STD test clean. What can this be? 4 minutes later
Yes because it's itchy as well and almost looks like a tumor or growth inside I never had that prior this year! But what ever this is it comes Back occasionally! Doesn't look like herpes or hpv to you?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later

Usually herpes infection will present as clusters of inflammed papules or vesicles which will turn into ulcers.
HPV usually presents as warty growths.
But the lesions in the pictures not appearing as these type of lesions.
Fungal infection can recur when the balance of vaginal flora gets disrupted due to health conditions, environmental changes, usage of excessive antibiotics etc.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have recurring symptoms of STD. Having white discharge with foul smell. Periods also bad smell. STD test clean. What can this be? 2 days later
Well i'm going to my Gyno tom! I'm hoping thats all it is!

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later

Yes, hope so. Take care.

Wish you good health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have recurring symptoms of STD. Having white discharge with foul smell. Periods also bad smell. STD test clean. What can this be? 9 hours later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

You are welcome.