Have recurring pimple in pubic area. Tried topical medications. Prescribed doxycycline. Suggest treatment?

I have a reacurring pimple in my pubic area near the area where I pee. I squeezed what seemed to be a tiny pimple down there and now it's been there for around 4 months and won't seem to go away no matter what I do. I've tried topical medications but it always comes back. I pop it a few times a day and a mixture of white along with clear afterwards comes out. I went to a dermatologist a while back for the skin on my face and was prescribed doxycycline. However, I didn't like the side effects so I stopped taking it. I still had some left over and also another refill so in the hopes that it might help this I have been taking it for the last few days. It seems a little better I think, not atzackly sure but it is still there. Just wondering if this medication will help if I continue to take it. It is embarrassing for me and really hard for me to go to a doctor about.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Doxycycline will help if it is a boil.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
You could be having a sebaceous cyst or a furuncle there. Without an opportunity to closely examine the lesion, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition. Dermatology is a visual field and if I could see the lesion , I can advice better. Can you please upload a photo of the lesion. Do not worry about the privacy as the site will take utmost care so that the photograph won't be misused. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

If it is any lesion which is infected Doxcycline will help. 100 mg twice a day can be taken for a week. At the end of it if it is still persisting I feel you should get a dermatology consultation.
Hope this helped