Have recurring cysts between eyebrow. Injecting steroid and taking antibiotic. Permanent cure?

I have reacurring cysts between my eyebrow. There is no head or pus in it. The Drs just keep injecting it with a steroid. It usually will go away but leaves an intent in my skin. After a couple weeks another pops up. I also take antibiotic for it. This is leaving my skin scared. What is going on with this. I am 40 years old!
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 15 minutes later
Hi ,
The condition can be sebaceous cyst,keloid,furuncle,acne keloidalis nuchae etc.
I would like to know-
Is there fluid/discharge from the swelling?
Are they painful?
Do they go away on their own or remain as it is?
Is any other site affected?
Are you on any prescription drugs?
Do they decrease with antibiotics?
Can you post photos of affected area?
Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.

Answer the questions and post images of affected area and we can continue the discussion here.
I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Have recurring cysts between eyebrow. Injecting steroid and taking antibiotic. Permanent cure? 2 hours later
The cyst has no fluid or discharge, very red swollen and painful. The do not go away on its own I have to have them injected or lasered. Anti-biotic with reduce the cyst some. The cyst stays in one spot, decreasing to a tiny bump, only to return in a few weeks.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 hours later
I still cannot see the photos.
The description given by you suits the diagnosis of recurrent furuncles ,the site of furuncle is however uncommon.If you can post some photographs of affected area it will help a lot in arriving at diagnosis.
Recurrent furunculosis is caused by staph aureus infection.You can apply Mupirocin 2% ointment over the lesions.Also the nasal cavity is the carrier site of the staph aureus bacteria.So you should apply mupirocin 2% oint twice a day in both nasal cavity from inside for 5 days.This will eliminate the carrier status and bring long term relief.
A short course of antistaphylococcal antibiotic like rifampin for 10 days will eliminate bacteria from your body.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.