Have recurrent tonsillitis. Feeling tired and exhausted with joint pain. Blood test done. Any advice?

Question
Hello Doctor,

My name is XXXXXXX. Age : 29. Male.

Problem Statement:
From last 2 week I am feelings very tired. I don't know how to explain this. All the time I feel to lie on bed. Not able to walk. If I walk for 5 minutes feels very exhausted, even if I stand for 5 minutes same feeling. Body pain as well, especially joint pains. I am just confused what to do, what may the reason behind this tiredness, whome should I consult. Please advice...

Additional Information on me : I have done basic blood tests. Sugar Normal. Cholesterol 230. Blood Pressure: 120/70.
Tonsil infection used to come for my throat. This infection comes at least 5-6 times in a year.

Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing your query to XXXXXXX

As you had mentioned that your Blood pressure is 120/70, that indicates that your level of hydration is adequate.
Cholesterol level seems to be on higher side. However a detailed report would be more helpful.
Since you are having recurrent episodes of tonsillitis ,it indicates that the your body’s immune system is not as effective as it should be. Repeated bouts of tonsillitis can lead to it becoming a chronic condition. The more repeated bouts of tonsillitis a person has the more difficult it can be to cure. Each time the tonsils become infected and inflamed scar tissue occurs. Tonsillitis can be viral or bacterial. Inadequate treatment can also cause recurrent infections. Any kind of infection in the body can make you feel weak & tired.
Also take adequate sleep at night as lack of sleep can make you feel tired.
Drink plenty of fluid, eat on time & have small frequent meals. Fluctuation in sugar levels can also make you feel tired. Increase intake of fresh fruits in your diet.
Watch if your diet has adequate intake of iron. tiredness.
Thyroid hormone imbalance can also cause tiredness. It controls our metabolism, the speed at which your body converts fuel to energy. When it is underactive and metabolism functions too slowly & you may feel sluggish & weak.
I would suggest you to consult a Physician who will examine you clinically & find out the exact cause of your weakness. In the meanwhile you start making changes in your eating habits.
I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further question I will be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Have recurrent tonsillitis. Feeling tired and exhausted with joint pain. Blood test done. Any advice? 19 hours later
Thank you Doctor. I have decided to take a health check up to know my body better.
What I am planning is a general health check up package. Do you recommend any special test to conduct?

-XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 24 minutes later

Kindly get your Complete blood count , ESR( erythrocyte sedimentation rate), Liver function test, Complete lipid profile, Thyroid function test, Urine routine & microscopy. This are the basic tests need to be done. If there is some abnormality than further reports can be done.
Kindly first consult your treating physician so that based on your clinically finding he would advise you any further additional test if required.
As you had mentioned that your cholesterol report is 230. If you had done it recently than no need to repeat it again. You can get it repeated again 3 months after following lifestyle changes.

Follow-up: Have recurrent tonsillitis. Feeling tired and exhausted with joint pain. Blood test done. Any advice? 9 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your kind reply. It was well written and clear.

XXXXXXX

Take care & don't worry.