Have recurrent tiny red spots on arms and thighs. Is it symptoms of lymphoma?

Hi, I'm a 29 year old female and I've been seeing tiny red spots on my arms and thighs. They seem to appear every few month and disappear in 2-3 days and are not itchy or painful. The spots cover an area of about 3-4 inches and are flat without any obvious bumps. There are no other associated symptoms. What could this possibly be? Im worried as I've heard it to be a symptom of lymphoma. Please advice of any tests that need to be done.
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Don't worry lymphoma will not present only with skin rash. There will an other symptoms like fever and night sweats. I advice you to get platelet levels checked. If possible please upload a photograph of the rash. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Let me know if you have any other doubts. thank you
Follow-up: Have recurrent tiny red spots on arms and thighs. Is it symptoms of lymphoma? 6 hours later
Hi, thank you for your reply. In your answer you referred to the red spots as a rash. It's not a rash. Like I said it doesn't itch, pain & is not bumpy. I also have bluish patches on my thigh for a year. But it disappears and comes back.Comes on a 5inch area. Not just one dark patch, but abt 3-4 small patches. No itching no pain. I have uploaded pics of the spots that I get. But don't have a pic of the bluish patch right now.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the photograph, These asymptomatic red spots as well as bluish discoloration of skin, appear due to bleeding in skin. This mainly happens due to low platelet levels. You dont need to worry, just get the following tests done. 1. Platelet count 2. Bleeding time 3. Clotting time If possible let me know the reports. Thank you