Have recurrent reddish brown spots on forearm. Not raised and does not itch. What could it be?

I have reddish brown spots on my forearm. They appear and disappear in a few days. They don't break the skin, are not raised and don't itch. I am 71 years old.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 28 minutes later
Knowing your age and the fact that you are diabetic, there are two possibilities of these transient spots.
1. P. Versicolor, which is a mild fungal infection.
2. Plane warts, which are viral infection and common in diabetic.
Both are mild and easily treatable so you dont need to worry.
I would like to see a photograph of the lesion,
If possible upload a photograph. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.