Have recurrent lump under arm which is not cancerous. Had cyst in same area that drained. What else?

I have a lump that comes and goes under my arm in the crease of my arm pit... my dr said it is not cancer because it is not cementral? cant spell that word... no pain, gets smaller and bigger. use to have a cyst there that would drain.?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a lymph node

Detailed Answer:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem , I would like to tell you whatever symptoms you are telling indicate that there is a small swelling that is variable in size also . It can be an axillary lymph node or a simple cyst as you said .

It needs thorough examination of the swelling whether it is painful , its size , fixity to underlying structures etc to determine what it can be . I think you should follow your doctors advise as he remains the best judge after examining you in person .FNAC of the swelling can be planned to look for exact etiology and if needed further biopsy can be planned.

Dr. Shruti