Have recurrent large serbceous cyst on back under shoulder blades which drains. Have neck pain and hedaches. Suggest?

I have a large serbceous cyst on my back just under should blades that just became infected and large - this has happened to me 2 previous times in the past decade and it's been drained... almost coinciding with the blowing up of the cyst I've experienced neck pain, headaches light headedness and pins and needles... are these related?
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 minutes later

Firstly the infection of sebaceous cyst should be treated. This can be done by taking a course of oral antibiotic like amoxyclav or cefopodoxime for five to seven days along with oral analgesic like ibuprofen or diclofenac with serratiopeptidase. Also warm water compresses of the lesion should be done followed by application of topical antibiotic like fusidic acid for faster resolution of infection.

Once the infection has settled get the cyst excised as drainage of cyst is not a treatment for sebaceous cyst. Unless and until the cyst wall is excised in toto, it will keep on recurring. So next time get it excised instead of getting it drained.

If a cyst is large then it may cause such symptoms by exerting pressure on surrounding tissues or by compression of any surrounding nerve, so this could be related.

Hope that answered your query.

Take care,