Have rectal pain when sitting, lying down, even standing. Have external hemorrhoid and anal fissure. Related?

Question
I have rectal pain when sitting, lying down, sometimes even standing. Have external hemroid and anul fissure. Would this pain be because of that?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain is due to hemorrhoids and anal fissure

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX, ,

Good Day to you.

I can fully appreciate the pain and agony that you are passing through.

You are correct: the pain is indeed due to both conditions. It seems that you also have infection of the hemorrhoid, which is the main cause of pain.

I personally am of the opinion that you should take the following actions :-

* Take high fiber diet daily, including green salads containing lettuce, radish, cucumber, carrots etc..

* Take steps to relieve constipation, with help of psyllium husk or other laxatives.

* Take Sitz Bath at least three times daily. You may use the bathtub or a large shallow pail, fill the bath to the point where the warm water is deep enough to reach up to your hips. The water should remain very warm. Sit in this warm water for 15-30 minutes. After bath, use a clean cotton towel and XXXXXXX dry.

* A short course of oral antibiotics for hemorrhoid infection.

* Use of anti-hemorrhoidal ointment inside the rectum 3-4 times daily.

* Topical anaesthetic cream to be applied inside the rectum just before each motion, so as to relieve pain caused by anal fissure.

Please discuss the matter with your treating doctor, who will advise you accordingly.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal

Follow-up: Have rectal pain when sitting, lying down, even standing. Have external hemorrhoid and anal fissure. Related? 7 hours later
I went to Doctor on Tuesday and he diagnosed anual fissure and external hemroid and perscribed perscription cortosone cream to beused 3 times per day. Did not mention anything about needing an antibiotic. What type of anestectic cream should I use?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
The cream usually contains anesthetic agent

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ms. XXXXX,

Perhaps, your treating doctor, after examining the piles, must have excluded infected piles, which does not mandate prescription of antibiotics.

Further, usually, the cortisone cream also contains an anesthetic drug called Lignocaine/lidocaine 2-3%.

Please go through the constituents of the cream given by your doctor. If it contains lidocaine or lignocaine, there is no requirement of additional anesthetic cream.

If the cream does NOT contain it, you may use Lidocaine 2% cream/ointment.

Hope I have answered your question.

If there are no further clarification, you may close the discussion and rate my answer.

Regards and, Have a good health.

Dr. Karanwal

Follow-up: Have rectal pain when sitting, lying down, even standing. Have external hemorrhoid and anal fissure. Related? 5 hours later
Any name of cream that you can give me?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain-reliever for painful hemorrhoids/anal fissure

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

You may use Xylocaine Gel 2%

If you have further clarifications, please close the discussion and rate my answer(s).

Dr. Karanwal