Have recently developed rapid heart rate and elevated BP. Is very active. Underlying cause?

I am a very active XXXXXXX woman (79 yrs.), play tennis 4-6X/wk., and have recently developed rapid heart rate (up to 130). No other symptoms, except slightly elevated blood pressure.
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 56 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Thats great to see that you are playing tennis and also very active.

For elevated blood pressure , I recommend you that you should get your blood pressure check twice daily .

Increase heart rate is due to increased blood pressure.

Meanwhile get your baseline investigation of blood and urine,
including Complete blood count, Liver funtion test and renal function tests, serum electrolytes, Blood suger level , fasting lipid profile, ECG.

Continue with your daily activities, avoid taking oily foods and salts.

Wishing you a good health.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have any other I would be honored to reply.