Have recently changed pain prescription from Percocet to Roxicet. Are they equivalent?

My Doctor recently changed my pain prescription from Percocet to Roxicet. Are they equivalent? Do they both contain oxycodone and acetaminophine?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Percocet,Roxicet,oxycodone+acetaminophen... Detailed Answer: Hi, Both Percocet and Roxicet are the brand names for a combination of acetaminophen + oxycodone. Perhaps, your doctor has increased the dosage of your medications for better results by changing also its brand name. Hope it answered to your inquiries! Feel free to ask me back at the next follow up if you have more questions! Dr.Alba