Have rashes on inner elbows, around neck, back and stomach. Diagnosed with diantamaeba fragilis. Any suggestions?

Hello, I have a rash on my inner elbows, around my neck, slightly spotty on my back, and my stomach is completely red. I currently have a cold and have been diagnosed with a parasite called Diantamaeba fragilis. I feel weak and lethargic and when until recently I would eat all day, I now do not feel like eating at all
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
The rash you are describing can be related to stomach infection due to diantamoeba fragilis.

The intestinal worms and parasites can cause urticarial rash on skin.It blanches on pressure.It is transient and will fade in few hours.

You can continue Flagyl for few more days.In addition you can take tablet Zyrtec which will help in limiting the rash.Also you can apply aloe vera lotion over the rash.It has soothing and anti inflammatory properties which can help in rash.

Also you can take a multivitamin supplement containing B complex vitamins which will increase the apetite.It will also take care of deficiency of vitamins which can occur due to parasite like diantameba.

Drink a lot of water and take fruit juices and liquids to prevent dehydration caused by starving.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for any further follow up.