Have rashes inside penis and getting pain while passing urine. How to get cured?

Sep 2012

Hi Doctor, i have rashes inside the penis. I am getting pain when i pass urine. Can you pls hep me on this.
Posted Wed, 28 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 3 hours later
Thank you for your query.

For answering this question I need some information from you
1.     Are you sexually active? If so, have you used a new condom / jelly or like that? Do your partner have any vaginal discharge? Is she suffering from any sexually transmitted disease?
2.     If you are not sexually active, do you have changed the water that you are using for bath?
3.     Do you have taken any drug like paracetamol or other non steroidal anti-inflammatory agent?
4.     Do you have any known allergy? Do you have taken any new food?

If you are sexually active and you have used a new condom then this type of rash may occur due to allergy to the condom. If your partner has any history of vaginal discharge and any sexually transmitted disease then there is a chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease.

If you have changed the water you are using for bath, that may also lead to this type of situation.

It may occur due to allergic reaction / drug eruption specially when you have taken paracetamol.

Overall, from your symptoms, it can be said that you are having an allergic reaction due to any cause which are mentioned earlier.

But this is to be confirmed by clinical examination.

So, you have to do the followings –
1.     Avoid the allergic conditions that I have mentioned previously. Stop any drug you are taking. Avoid sexual intercourse temporarily.
2.     If you are sexually active and your partner has any history of STD, then you have to contact with the STD clinic.
3.     For present condition, you have to take cetirizine 10 mg once a day.
4.     Consult with a dermatologist for a thorough clinical examination and management accordingly.

Hope this information suffice. Let me know if you have any more question.