Have rashes between thigh and scrotum. What could be causing this?

I have a red rash on the area between my thighs and my scrodum. I dance for a company called chippendales. We have to wear these things called cock socks which irritate the area and am wondering if its a detergent or something I may be allergic to. There no blistering on the area but its itchy and red.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the query and a clear photograph.
There can be two conditions presenting in this way.
1. Irritant contact dermatitis to your underwear (cock socks)
2. Tinea cruris infection (fungal infection)
As the fungal infection is usually unilateral, while contact dermatitis is usually bilateral.
The most probable diagnosis is contact dermatitis.
Here are my suggestions for you.
1. For instant relief use hydrocortisone ointment once daily, and anti histamine tablet.
5. Try to change the material of cock socks. If not possible then at least get plain cotton cloth stitched on the inner side of it.
3. Apply Vaseline in the groin area before wearing the cock socks. This will minimize the contact with skin.
Let me know if I need to clarify more.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you.