Have rash on upper thighs. How to get rid of this?

I have a rash on my upper right inner thigh in between my leg and my testacles. I think it its a heat rash...its inflated and a little white head at the top. What do you recommend I do to get rid of it?
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Thank you for sending the photograph. From what I see and your history I am under the impression that this is most likely a skin rash caused by a fungus. Fungus lives in warm moist environments in this part of the body is commonly associated with these types of things.

I would recommend that you try over-the-counter preparations called Lotrimin or call time is all. This is a topical cream what you apply to the affected area three times per day for about seven days.

In addition I would suggest that you some type of powder to help minimize moisture that builds up in that part of the body.

I would try this for short period of time. If the symptoms persist or do not improve this is something that you will need to see your doctor to evaluate.

Thanks again for sending your question.

What is that we can help with anything else.

Dr. Galamaga