Have rash on thigh with swelling. Had bumps with itching, feel weak with slight fever. Suggest?

i have some type of rash or outbreak on my left inner thigh where my leg meets my genitals with some swelling. it did have 3 0r 4 large bumps with white heads on them until this morning. it did itch some last week before it broke out but does not now. it has been there for about 3 days now. i have felt fine other than yesterday. i felt weak all day and had a slight fever of 99.7
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Brief answer...bacterial infection of skin.
Detailed answer...

I have seen the photograph and I feel that you have developed bacterial infection on the pre existing fungal infection of groin or contact dermatitis.

Treament requires a course of oral antibiotics along with local application of anti fungal ointment like CLOTRIMAZOLE.

Wear loose cotton underwear
Try sleeping in night without underwears so that the infected area gets proper air and ventilation.
Avoid sharing your towel.

take some anti pyretic like paracetamol for fever or bodyache.

Since antibiotics can not be prescribed online,you have to consult your doctor for the prescription.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Follow-up: Have rash on thigh with swelling. Had bumps with itching, feel weak with slight fever. Suggest? 3 hours later
would that cause my lymph nodes to swell in that area?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Yes,you are right.
It is the naturally occurring first line of defence of body where the local lymph nodes swell in response to any type of infection occurring in or around that area.
In your case,since the infection is in groin area,it is perfectly normal and logical for groin lymph nodes to swell.