Have rash on inner thigh, started dull pain with clusters of bump. Swollen lymph nodes on groin. Suggest?

I am a 39 year old male, and I have a rash on my inner thigh. I started as a dull pain which felt almost like a chaffing pain. Later a small cluster of bumps appeared. They didn't itch but did hurt for about 3 days and then a few days later started to heal. My lymph nodes in my groin area are swollen and there is some pain in the leg where the sores appeared. This is the first time I have encountered these symptoms. It looks like a another small cluster of bumps is starting to from on the same leg a few inches away from the first cluster. The bumps do not have any discharge.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It looks like herpes zoster

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the symptoms mentioned and image attached, you are probably having herpes zoster or shingles. It is characterised by appearance of grouper blisters in a segment of body leading to pain in the area affected.
Treatment is taking oral antiviral like acyclovir or valacyclovir in adult doses for 1 week. To reduce pain, initially start with Brufen, if not controlled one may take tramadol.. Apply mupirocin cream to help the lesion heal. Intake of oral antiviral with in 72 hours of beginning of lesion is advised to control pain,prevent its persistence even when lesions heal and to progress the spread of disease.
Hope that helped.