Have rash on inner thigh and scortum. Using antibacterial cream on it. Started spreading. Cure?

Hey I have had a rash on my inner thigh and scrotum for some time now have been using antibacterial cream on it but hasn't helped has since spread to base of penis and forskin. Skin has dryed up in affected areas and starting to crack.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The most important cause for skin rashes on inner thigh can be because of sweat rash or heat rash or fungal infection.
Your symptoms suggest that you are probably having fungal infection of skin which is very common in this area since the humid conditions in this area is very conducive for the fungal infection to thrive.
What you require is an anti fungal cream to be applied locally.
After bath dry the area properly and then you can apply the anti fungal cream ( CLOTRIMAZOLE ) twice daily.
Since you are having this rash for quite some time,you may take oral anti fungal known as FLUCANAZOLE 150 mg once a week for 6 weeks.
Wear loose undergarments and made of cotton.
Avoid synthetic clothes.
I think you should be all right in 2 to 3 weeks.
In case you dont improve,you may consult a dermatologist for the treatment.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have rash on inner thigh and scortum. Using antibacterial cream on it. Started spreading. Cure? 2 hours later
Can I get these creams from a local chemist or do I have to see my gp? I got a form
Of hair folicol infection from sweating to much about 4 months ago could this of acured from this?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
These are OTC products and you should be able to get them without prescription,however you may enquire from your local pharmacist.
Past folliculitis infection is not responsible for present fungal infection.