Have rash on hand and it is not healing. Used Betnovet C. Suggest?

hi doc , I have rash on my right hand pic is attached it is not healing though i have used Betnovet C , can yiu pls suggest any other ointmennt. i dont have any itching sensation.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

The lesion appears to have acquired an secondary bacterial infection. The primary lesion as I suspect can be treated with steroid ointment like Betnovt C but since there is bacterial infection, I recommend you to apply an Antibacterial cream first.

Do apply Bactroban ointment twice daily over the lesion, once there is improvement then apply Bactroban in the morning and Betnovet C in the night to get rid of it.

Hope, I answered your query.