Have rash on both feet and hand. Used hydrocortzone and neopsorine, no help. Spreading and burn. Treatment?

I have a rash on the top of both feet and on the top of my right hand that is not going away with the use of hydrocortozone or neopsorine ointment. It is spreading. tends to burn except when I put some ointment on it. what can i use to treat it?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
I would like to know the following additional things.
1. Since when you have this rash?
2. Is it itching or was there an itch initially before the application of medication?
3. Anyone in family having similar problem?
4. Do you have any thyroid problem?

The most important is that, I would like to see the lesion.
Please upload a photograph of the lesion, this will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Follow-up: Have rash on both feet and hand. Used hydrocortzone and neopsorine, no help. Spreading and burn. Treatment? 3 days later
It is a painful rash that burns before putting the Aveeno ointment on. I had this problem 1 year ago and went to the doctor. I receive a tablet and similar cream from the podiatrist.
No my family does not have this problem
I do not have thyroid problem.
This new appearance has been going on for about three weeks.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
With the detailed history given by you, I would consider the diagnosis of 'small vessel vasculitis'.
It is a condition characterised by painful rash mainly on feet but sometimes even on hand.
Your doctor has given you steroids, which is the main treatment for this condition.
You are not getting relieved by hydrocortisone as it is a very mild steroid.
You may require treatment with a stronger steroid like fluticasone.

Consult your podiatrist regarding the use of fluticasone.

Thank you