Have raised small black growth in pubic hair. It is itchy and bleed while shaving. Concerned

I have a raised small black growth in my pubic hair. It is itchy and bleed when I shaved the area.
There is only 1 growth.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 8 hours later
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

From your description of the growth it looks very much like a Wart ( viral wart) . This is highly vascular growth which can be itchy and bleeds easily .
I would suggest you should book at appointment with the Dermatologist . They will examine the area and confirm the diagnosis and provide treatment which can be either through creams like imiquimod or through cryosurgery .

Thanks and Take care