Have raised ridge on top of skull with depression. Tender to touch and depression is getting deeper. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I have a raised ridge on the top of my skull running front to back with 2 depressions either side. The depressions are tender to touch, I have noticed this for about 2 months, the depressions seem to be getting deeper and more tender. Should I be worried?
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
The ridges and the depressions that you have noticed on the skull are likely to be soft tissue swellings. If there is no history of injury to the area then a superficial skin infection needs to be ruled out after a direct examination.
It is best to consult a dermatologist and get the necessary pain killers or the antibiotics prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.