Have raised dry spot on chin. How to remove this?

I have had a raised dry spot to the side of my chin for the past 2 months It nearly goes then comes back I have also used a razor over it to take dry skin away which I probably shouldn't but it smoothes the small spot away then it comes back .
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I shall appreciate if you can upload a photograph of the spot using the facility provided on this site which will assist me in giving you some guidance.

Have you tried using any moisturizing lotion or oil or cream to the site and what has been the effect?

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
Follow-up: Have raised dry spot on chin. How to remove this? 6 hours later
I have uploaded photo, I have tried salvon healing gel , Arbonne oil and couple others but still seems to dry out and look like a dry raised bump. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 21 minutes later

Thanks for uploading the photograph.

In my opinion you should not worry about it and should not shave it. Just apply moisturizing lotion or oil over it.

As it is localized and keeps erupting at the same place it appears to be a fixed reaction to something which you may be using. The only other alternative is to get a scraping examined microscopically or a biopsy done.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.