Ask a Urologist   »  

Have raised Prostate Specific Antigen. Should I be concerned?

Jul 2016

I am 80 years old and have a PSA of 8, at my age should I have a biopsy.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted with serum PSA of 8 should be investigated thoroughly to rule out cancer of the prostate.

Please consult qualified Urologist for Multicore Ultrasound guided biopsy of the prostate and other related investigations.

Hope I have answered your query .Please feel free if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to address the same.
Thanks and Regards.