Have put Optimum Cleaning Disinfection solution on suction cup to take out contact lenses. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have put Optimum Cleaning Disinfection solution on my suction cup to take out contact in my eye instead of the wetting drops. The disinfection is in my eye. What should I do beside rinsing my eye with water ...???
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use cold cloth and milk soaked pads.

Detailed Answer:
The first thing you can do is avoid touching, rubbing or staring at the eyes. Staring at the eyes will only lead to touching and rubbing, so stay out of the mirror and avoid the temptation.
Avoid wearing make-up, including powders and base. Particles can fly through the air and irritate your eyelids even more.
Try using a cold cloth or cucumbers every half hourly till the irritation persists.
Splashing cool water on your face will also help reduce the irritation.
Gauze pads soaked in milk can also help.
Over-the-counter antihistamines and/or eye drops can help too.
Physical check up is necessary in case the irritation persists. You need to consult your ophthalmologist to get antibiotic and anti allergic eye drops prescribed.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.