Have pus filled sores on legs and fingers. Hurts to touch. On antibiotic. Looking for cure

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have really sore pus filled sores on my legs and on my fingers that dont seem to be going away. Ive tried bandaids on them so nothing irritates them but when i take the bandaids off after a few hours they hurt more and look worse, ive been to the doctors ive tried antibiotics and creams, ive had this for a fair few months now and although sometimes it clears for abit, this time they look and feel alot worse, At first my skin was really itchy and id scratch it and sores would come up, now i've stopped myself from scratching it and now i just have lots of sores appear on my legs, they hurt alot and on my fingers they start off as pus sores and i put bandaids on them for work and when i take the bandaids off it rips the tops of the sores off so now they are really sore and weeping, HELP!
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 minutes later
Skin lesions of the size that you describe are common. And are most commonly the result of superficial staphylococcus bacterial infection.
It is best to get a swab culture and biopsy of the lesions done to detect any autoimmune disorders and to find out the causative organism.
Specific systemic antibiotics and steroids are usually needed to control such lesions.
You need to consult a dermatologist who will do the needed investigations and initiate proper therapy.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.