Have pus filled painful hard lump on anus. Not cured by hemorrhoid creams. Any relief?

General Surgeon
I have an extremely painful large hard lump in the anus on the righ side. This has been going on for a long time years. My doctor thought it may be a large XXXXXXX hemmeroid. It makes it difficult to urinate. There is actually a a scab that has formed just outside the anus and sometimes will puss and a small amount of blood. It does not go away with hemmeroid creams or suppositories. Do't know what to do as I fight this extreme pain every day.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Extremely painful and hard lump fits more to an abscess. Hemorrhoid usually does not indicate any pain, and if it does, the pain is not strong.
Such abscess can appear due to skin inflammation or due to rectal-skin fistula (more probable). As you have probably noticed nothing is helping with it, I suggest you to visit general surgeon (you can go to ER with it).

Small incision and pus drainage will help right away.

It is also important to diagnose it (but after a healing of acute inflammation). TO do that, rectosigmoidoscopy or MRI should be performed.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.